30 Days for $30
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for a class?
You can come to any class you like – no need to sign up for a specific class.
- How do I pick a class?
- It’s important that you attend classes that are appropriate for you. We have classes that are listed as Gentle, Beginner, All Levels, Most Levels (requires at least 3-6 months of practicing weekly) and Intermediate (requires at least 6-12 months of practicing weekly).
- If you are new to Yoga or have not practiced in a long while, the Most Levels and Intermediate classes are not recommended for you to try during the first 30 days.
- If you have any questions on any of the classes, please contact us.
- How early should I arrive to class?
- For your first class, please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to get signed in and fill out forms if you didn’t bring them with you.
- For future classes, please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early so you have time to sign in and set up your space before class begins.
- Late arriving students are a disruption to a class that has started, so if you do arrive late to a class, please enter the room quietly.
- What should I wear to class?
Dress comfortably. It’s important that your clothing does not restrict your movements. Pants with elastic waistbands are best (no belts). Gym clothes are fine (sweatpants, leggings, shorts, tee-shirts, etc). T-shirts should not be so baggy that they will get in the way when bending forward; tuck them in so you can practice safely.
Dress in layers if you like so you can adjust if you get too warm or too cool. The studio is kept at 71 degrees in the winter (and gets warmer when people are in the room or the sun is out) and at 74 degrees in the summer. Teachers sometimes adjust the temperature to be a bit warmer in the winter or a bit cooler in the summer. If you tend to sweat, please bring a towel.
- Is it OK to eat before class?
Avoid eating a meal within 2-3 hours of coming to class. You’ll be more comfortably practicing on a close-to empty stomach. If you need to eat, eat something light and easily digestible.
- Do I need to buy a mat?
We have all the props you’ll need for your practice at the studio. We do recommend that if you plan on attending regularly you invest in a sticky mat of your own. However, we do have those available at the studio and you are welcome to use them.
- Is water available at the studio?
The building has a water fountain in the hall near our entrance and we encourage you to bring your own water bottle to fill up. We also have small bottles of water available if you forget your own water. If possible, we ask that people leave a $1 donation in exchange for our water bottles; this money is used to help those in financial need who would not be able to continue with classes otherwise.
- Is there a safe place for my belongings?
We as that you leave your coat & shoes in the office area (shoes are never allowed in the studio); there is a 2nd coat rack in the studio if the one in the office is full. We have a shelf within the studio for you to leave any valuables (purses, car keys, etc.). Please do not leave valuables in the office area as that is not locked during class.
- How do I know what props to use for class?
If the teacher is in the studio, she/he will let you know what props you will need for the class; if she/he has not yet arrived, find the props you usually use. If you need help with that, either one of the other students in the room or the person at the desk should be able to help you.
- Is your studio scent-free?
Yes, we provide a scent-free environment. Many people are allergic or have a reaction to scents of any kind, so please refrain from applying scents when coming to class.
- How do you accept payment?
- Payment must be made before class.
- We accept cash, check or credit card. If you are paying with cash, we appreciate exact change. Please do not bring large bills (e.g. $50 of $100) unless you are paying the exact amount.
- You can pre-pay for classes online.
- Please also see our Policies page for more information about payments, refunds and class holds.
- Where are you located?
We are located at 363 Great Road (Suite 201), Bedford, MA.
We are in a small shopping center that includes D’Angelo’s, Salon Oz, Bedford Chiropractic, and Design 1 Kitchen and Bath. Parking is available in a large, well-lit off-street lot.
We’re on the second floor – enter the building through the glass door where the two sections of the L-shaped building meet, to the left of the Frame Shop. Enter the lobby, come up the stairs (or use the elevator), take a left at the top of the stairs, and our entrance is the 2nd door on the right (the 1st door is our emergency exit).
- How do I know if a class is cancelled?
For information about status of classes when we have stormy weather, call 781-275-4092, ext 1 and listen to the recorded message. If we cancel any class, this message is updated at least an hour before class is to start. We also post cancellations to the front page of our website.
For Your First Class
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first class and sign in at the desk.
We have two forms that we ask all new students to fill out. You can download them here to fill them out in advance. Please give these forms to the desk volunteer or your instructor when you arrive for your first class.
- Download Forms
For all Adults:
*For Minors Age 15-17+:
*For Minors Under 15:
*Please Note: If you are under 18 a parent or guardian needs to fill out the correct Health & Release form. Please also Contact Us ahead of time so we can ensure we help guide you to a class suited to you.
Before you come for your first class, it would be helpful for us to get info on the following:
- Have you done any Yoga before, or will this be your first experience?
- Do you have any health issues, injuries or recent surgery that affect your ability to move freely and without pain?
- Are you under the age of 18? If so, a parent or guardian needs to fill out the correct Health & Release form. Please also contact us ahead of time so we can ensure we help guide you to a class suited to you.
- Are you pregnant? We do not offer prenatal classes at this time and refer to other locations that do.
- Were you referred by someone who takes classes at Serenity Yoga? If so, please let us know who referred you.
For all additional questions please read through our FAQ on this page or contact us.